Any Linux distribution could be configured to work like Kali Linux, but its strengh doesn't come from its tools nor the operating system.
- Kali Linux is already optimized to reduce the amount of downstream work needed to get everything ready so users can just sit down and have a go at it.
- Kali Linux can be install everywhere; Mobile devices, Containers, ARM, Cloud providers, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Pre-built Virtual Machine, Installer Images to only list a few.
- It's possible to generate an optimized a version of Kali Linux with its optimized metapackages and its highly accessible and well documented ISO customization process
- The documentation contains multiple tips and recipes to help ease doubts or address any issues when using various tools.
- Kali Linux has a great and active community that can help when you need it the most.